<#include "/design/includes/pageAttributes.ftl">
Triangle Law Group
877-427-1252 | 919-301-0716
We Make Legal Services Affordable.

We offer consultations for up to 30 minutes for only $99.00. No consultation charge for most contingency matters.

Practice Areas

How does mold affect a person's health?

Indoor mold can result from plumbing leaks, roof defects, and many other occurrences within the home. Not only can it cause damage, it also has an effect on your family's health, especially those who already experience respiratory issues. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention explains the dangers of mold in the home and how you can prevent it. 

When mold is in the home, people with mold sensitivities or allergies can experience a range of symptoms. These include congestion, throat irritation, itching eyes, skin rashes, and coughing among others. The presence of mold can also cause serious infections in the lungs in some people. For example, those who have immune disorders are at risk of developing more severe complications. People with lung diseases, such as COPD, are also more likely to develop infections when exposed to mold. 

Mold can grow just about anywhere, which is why it becomes such a pervasive problem within homes. It can be found on the walls and ceilings of a structure, but it can also occur within crawlspaces or anywhere there is an excessive amount to moisture. To stop mold from having an impact, the source of the water must be controlled. The area where mold is found must also be thoroughly cleaned. Mold spores can linger and get stuck on surfaces only to return at a later date. 

If the problem stems from faulty plumbing or roof leaks, those issues should be addressed right away. If it occurred as a result of flooding, the home must be cleaned and dried. You can also try to keep humidity low in your home. You can do so by increasing ventilation, especially in the bathroom. You can also purchase a dehumidifier, which removes moisture from the air. 

If you believe you or a loved one has been exposed to dangerous mold, please consult a medical professional for treatment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Back To Top